The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins I read this in one day and as a working mom, that says something. There's not much more that can be said about how wonderful this book is. Let's make this clear though, I am well read, and I realize that this not the most brilliantly written novel. There are inconsistencies in the 1st person narrative, and the sentence construction sometimes got messy, but the plot still unfolds seamlessly like a dream that you hope you will remember when you wake up because it would make the perfect novel or film. At times I had to wonder about the 1st person narration. Sometimes it seemed like it was just her thoughts and other times it seemed very conversational and I had to wonder who she was talking to. I attribute this to the book ultimately being young adult fiction, which often has that feeling about it, and it was easy to overlook because the narrator/protagonist was so likable. In fact, I can't remember the last time I loved a protagonist as much as I did Katniss Everdeen. Negative points aside, I still found this book "amazing" and I'll be purchasing the second and third books today.